The success of your clothing business depends on several factors of which manufacturing takes the forefront. Getting the right people to manufacture your products at suitable costs would save you a lot of money and trouble. Therefore, you have to take serious steps and do full research before you choose a manufacturer. Here are some tips to guide you on how to find a clothing manufacturer.
When you have chosen someone you wish to work with, don’t just jump into making decisions, you should find out as much information as you can about them before you make your decision. Ask as many questions as you feel would be useful in helping you make your decision. Some of the questions you should ask are-:
- What kind of items do they manufacture?
- What equipment’s do they have?
- Names of the companies or brands they currently associated with.
- How much do they produce the item and will they be able to cater your orders?
- What is their minimum order quantity?
- What is their payment procedure?
- Do they offer credit and seller financing options?
- What are their after-sales and shipping policies?
- Do they have the necessary equipment and facility to handle an increase in demand?
- For instance, if you have to increase your demand to about 3,000 pieces from the initial 500 you ordered, would they be able to handle this?
- What are the services that they would provide?
- Who would be responsible for fabric sourcing and pattern drafting?
- Would they offer you samples?
- What about packaging?
Once they have answered these questions, you can now make a choice based on the answers they provide.
You should also evaluate the manufacturer to see how fast they respond to calls and e-mails and how willing they are to help. If you receive slow responses or the manufacturer seems indifferent to your needs or has too many clients to deal with and as a result, has little or no time to attend to you, you should find another manufacturer. Keeping the above points in mind you will be in no confusion and decide on the best garment manufacturer available.