Clothing design and product development – why is it significant to know the difference? We all go into this thoughtful that design is all original, but your role as a designer includes consuming both your left and right brain and needs both product improvement and design. As a fashion businessperson, it’s critical to know all fundamentals of your business.
Everything originates with design, intellectualizing and making the vision using creativeness. Clothing design is the first step in the merchandise development procedure. At the design phase, you’re taking your idea and intellectualizing it, founding the direction for both quality, function and artistic. Market investigation is key to design accomplishment.
Elsewhere design, there are a lot of many steps and people complex in building a fashion occupational. Product development can be defined as the procedure of taking an idea and working through the stages to make something to actuality. It includes making a perfect original sample that you can give the company or factory to produce a counter sample.
Just remember that merchandise progress is an organic process that includes everything beyond making mood boards and sketches. You are still using your artistic skills nonetheless it’s slightly different. I’m talking things like talking from building a team and authorized compliance; to creating tech packs, patterns, and originals to pattern reviews, sample making, fit comments, more reviews, second samples, demanding quotes and more, long before you truly get your creation ready for market.
- Make concepts, regularly through a mood board
- They recognize the development of the client and demonstrate the taste level of the brand through their designs
- Choosing fabrics – thoughtful fabric properties, arrangement, manufacture type, content, weight count, functions and composition etc.
- Choosing clothing trims and number of styles and colors.
- Make sketches
- Market research- gathering target market data go to events and competitor analysis- what’s in demand? What does your target market need?
- Workshop the market, and take photos (tastefully) and purchase samples
- Labeling wants – making artwork for labels and prints
- Beginning, wholesale, retail and confirming target costing with the factories, sticking to budgets
- Must have a clear thoughtful of teamwork and communication, finding your society (whoever you want to make your prototypes) may be a realistic designer, design maker, sample maker and much more
- Making both samples (counter samples and prototypes)
- Working with a technical designer to make tech packs and informing them as you make reviews to your design
- Making a calendar to keep on the merchandise development process on track →Tracking sample status and everyday factory communication, message and e-mail.
- Finding fabrics, trims and factories, workshops and industrial unit
- Confirm quality standards are upheld and admiring and commenting on samples with the factory or workshop – continuous communication and follow-ups
- Confirming your merchandises are produced sustainably and ethically